Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Beast


The stage is set the backdrop lowered but who’s in the cast?
Team #1
The Beast Glen Osbourne & 400 lb, Mega:
“Osbourne and Mega are an interesting combination…..Osbourne is more of a brawler, but this wily iconic veteran can wrestle technically with the best of them. Titles are nothing new to the Beast. Mega is looking for his 1st taste of title gold in the ECWA. He has been in the ECWA for many years and has never worn a championship. This team brings the size, experience & power on March 1.”
Glen is…well a beast see pic, and Mega is…. “Mega” 400lbs. This is a case where the monikers fit. I have had experience wrestling against both these opponents and let me say pinning either one of these guys is going to be no easy task. The shear size of “Mega” really limits your offences, and Glen has seen about everything one can see thrown at them in a ring. Glen and I have a long standing feud from way back so I am definitely planning on focusing my efforts on him just to be a smart-ass and dig up some bad blood. Just how am I going to go about it is a question. Despite owning a pinfall victory over Mega, I intend on avoiding this behemoth if possible, which means I probably will be confronting him most of the match… Murphy’s Law.

Team#2
Robere’ Shields & Tommy Trouble:
“Trouble has just enlisted manger/fitness coach Jim Shorts to be his personal trainer…What’s that all about…..we have been told Shorts will lead these two down the aisle on March 1. Trouble is a tough competitor in the ring who can do it all and he teams with the much under rated French Star, Robere’ Shields. These two bring a lot of energy, youth and quickness to the ring. Will it pay off against two larger and more experienced teams?”
I really don’t know too much about either of these wrestlers other than they might weigh a buck sixty each soaking wet. I hear they are extremely talented and fly around the ring a lot but other than that I got nothing. From what I gather they are a modern day Rock and Roll Express. More Nancy Boys if you ask me!
Team#3
J. J. Crew Guy & Hot Shot Mike Reed: “The Crew Guy and Mike Reed joined forces last show to make an impressive combination billed as “Leather & Lace”. Reed dumped his long time tag team partner Frederick of Hollywood to team up with the Crew Guy. There is still a lot of bad blood between Reed and Frederick. J. J. the Crew Guy is no stranger to ECWA gold and marquee matches. He once headlined the biggest show in ECWA history. This team brings power, strength, experience and the diabolical mind of manager Sebastian Night with them to the ring on March 1.”
I know my talents and limitations. I know “Hot Shot” is top shelf material when it comes to talent. He trained at the Monster Factory and reminds me of his mentor Larry Sharpe and Ric Flair combined. But, to be honest I am not really comfortable yet with Mike as we are complete opposites when it comes to personalities. We just have not gelled, and whether we do or not is left to be seen. The promoter who asked us to team up is really high on the idea together, and who am I to argue? He has been promoting wrestling since 1967 and has not been wrong about a pairing yet. When he paired me with the infamous J.R.Ryder (you will be hearing alot about this ace here in the future) to form the “J-Team” I was reluctant at first also. It took a few matches for us to come together, but when we finally got on the same page there was not a better tag-team on the independent circuit. You heard me, NOT A BETTER TEAM ON THE INDEPENDENT CIRCUIT! As they would say in the Blues Brothers “We had a band powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline”
Where are you buddy? You better not be at a 2 live Crew concert. I need you!

Wednesday Training Plan:
12:00pm Lunch time. Hurdle work, static holds, pink. I told you I do this every lunch hour. You did not believe me did you? Believe, I said Believe!

7:45pm I was real tight going into this workout. Hams, hip flexors lower back. It appears I made my first miscalculation for the week having included rotation work yesterday. This is a weak point for me that I am addressing, but I should have known better to include it especially after doing a full med ball workout Sunday. Not a big mistake, but something to note. Other previous lessons include not including anything new in the mix on match week.
I was not sure how I was going to handle the issue going into my workout. My thinking was just to see how I felt after GPP. If I felt good then I would proceed with resistance work, if not I still got a hell of a workout in and would move right to pink
LPS was my biggest concern, especially having done a session on Monday. If I did not do it tonight then it would have to wait till next week. Thursday-Saturday would not allow enough recovery time I feared. Had I not been wrestling this week I would not have hesitated in making this a recovery day and repeating Tuesday’s workout.
However just cause I was pissed off at myself and the workout was going really well I proceeded with my initial plan. Let me say Good Workout!
Hurdle work, tumbling drills. A little bit of shuttle sprint work with a few dive rolls thrown in the mix. Rope work, 5 rounds of GPP (4 good rounds, what ehhh!) followed by one arm barbell snatches, push jerks, squats, a couple of pullups, LPS, Pink, and again….tanning. Normally I would throw some good morning squats, snatch-grip deadlifts in the mix, but my goals are to be loose, and save the knees for Saturday so I elected to leave them out.

Tune-Age of the Day: “Holy Diver” Kill Switch Engage. Really digging the remix.
Ahh Grasshopper remember, "The gyms you go to are crowded with guys trying to look like men, as if being a man means looking the way a sculptor or an art director says." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Thursday we begin figuring out a game plan to handle my opponents.

No comments: