Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Agony of Defeat


I want to thank all my fans and enemies that came out on Saturday to watch me compete.

The match was fast paced and brutal. I had a number of gnarly bruises and welts upon awakening Sunday, and thankfully the one client I had scheduled for personal training cancelled at the last minute allowing me a day of much needed recovery.

Though this was my first ever “chain match” I have to say that at around the five minute mark of what turned out to be a ten minute contest I felt comfortable and at home with using such a weapon in the ring. Unfortunately, the damage had already been done and my fate sealed by the master of “chain matches” Glenn “the Beast” Osborne within those first few minutes of learning the nuances of the chain in the ring. It pains me to admit this, call it lucky, call it skill, call it whatever you want, but on Saturday night “The Beast” was the better wrestler and won deservingly so.

While most wallow within the agony of defeat, I tend to flourish. Defeat, like injuries allows me to find weaknesses in my training and game. Coming into Saturday night my main points to be addressed were weaknesses I uncovered in the previous month; conditioning, and ankle stability. I am pleased to say my conditioning far exceeded expectations, and I easily could have gone 60 minutes. Ankle stability and flexibility was improved, but still not up to par. Already I have begun preparing for next months match by adjusting my training to focus more on ankle re-habilitation along with addressing strength issues within the shoulder and hips. I also need to add a little speed to my program and I believe a five pound drop in body weight may will accomplish this

Have no fear from the ashes of agony I will rise up and be victorious next month.

-JJ

No comments: