Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Allergies

As a Renegade Trainer I am often posed questions about supplements. Aside from the standard “what will make me big and strong,” or “what will help me lose weight” these questions about herbs and medicines are often posed after a condition worsens and begins to affect our training sessions. The most common, rehabilitating, condition I see is allergies. My recommendation, as it was recommended to me in the past, is raw honey.
Raw honey is no secret among the Renegade ranks. I would dare to say most everyone involved in Renegade Training starts their morning off with a tonic comprised of a spoonful of raw honey and a lemon in hot water. I can tell you for a fact this tonic eliminated my allergies completely. Unfortunately most ignore this remedy and reach for the quick fix in the form of a pill. They do this because raw honey does take time to perform its miracles, or they just think it is another snake oil. For me the tonic took about six months to notice significant reduction with my allergies, and a year to completely be rid of them. Don’t just take my word for it, Google and decide for your self. A good place to start is honeygardens.com.
Now go buy some honey and drink your tonic every morning!

No comments: