Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Black Knight


How do you handle injury?
Do you "overcome adversity?"
Do you cower and quit under duress?
Do you continually find lame excuses?
My Question for you is:
Are you Black Knight worthy?

Read on and then ask yourself again.

Through the narrow slit of the Green Knight’s helm a sword is driven sending blood spaying. Upon the hilt the Black Knight grasps and pulls his sword free. Blood starts to form a lake at his feet.
“You fight with the strength of many men, sir knight.” Another knight asks.
The Black Knight says nothing.
“I am Arthur, king of the Britons.”
Silence blankets the land.
“I seek the finest and the bravest knights in the land to join me at my
court at Camelot.”
Silence again.
“You have proved yourself worthy. Will you join me?”
Silence yet again.
“You make me sad. So be it! Come, Patsy!”

“None shall pass!” The Black Knight finally bellows.
“What?”
“None shall pass!” The Black Knight repeats.
“I have no quarrel with you, good sir knight, but I must cross
this bridge.”
“Then you shall die!” says the Black Knight.
“I command you, as king of the Britons, to stand aside.”
“I move for no man!” The Black Knight taunts.
“So be it!”

The two battle in a heated duel with Arthur eventually landing a shot that severs the Black Knight’s arm off. Blood spays quite profusely. (Unfortunately the Black Knight had not been training Renegade. His movements are quite slow. Was Hammer Strength or Nautliss in the gyms back then?)

“Now stand aside, worthy adversary.” Arthur the apparent victor speaks looking at the severed arm.
“Tis but a scratch.” The Black Knight responds.
“A Scratch. Your arm's off!”
“No it isn't!” The Black Knight counters
“Well what's that then?” Arthur points to the arm on the ground.
“I've had worse.” The Black Knight responds.
“You Liar!” Arthur yells.
“Come on, you pansy!” The Black Knight taunts.

Another battle ensues and the Black Knight loses his other arm. Really should have logged on to Renegade Training.com

Arthur kneels to the ground,
“Victory is mine! We thank thee Lord, that in thy mercy—“
The Black Knight kicks Arthur on his side.
“Come on, then!” He yells kicking Arthur again.
“What?!?”
“Have at you!” the Black Knight continues kicking.
“You are indeed brave, sir knight, but the fight
is mine!”
“Ohhh, had enough, eh?” The Black Knight continues.
“Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left!”
“Yes I have!”
“Look!”
“Just a flesh wound!” The Black Knight responds kicking at Arthur again.
“Look, stop that!“Chicken! Chicken!” The Black Knight taunts.
“Look, I'll have your leg!”
The Black Knight does not quit.
“Right!” Arthur yells chopping off the Black Knight’s leg.
“Right! I'll do you for that!” The Black Knight yells hopping on one leg.
“You'll What?”
“Come 'ere!” the Black Knight tells Arthur.
“What're you going to do, bleed on me?”
“I’m invincible!” The Black Knight yells.
“You're a looney....”
“The Black Knight Always Triumphs! Have at you!” The Black Knight yells hopping around as he attempts to kick Arthur.
With a shrug and swing of his long sword Arthur severs the Black Knights remaining limb. On the ground the Black Knight realizes he can’t move.
“Okay, we'll call it a draw.” He says in fairness.
“Come, Pasty!” Arthur rides off.
“Oh! Had enough, eh? Come back and take what's coming to you, you yellow bastards!! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!”

If you have not seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail you owe to yourself to see this “Classic” if only for this one scene.
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/holygrail.asp

Here is where I copied the script from before adding my flair.
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_scripts/knight.asp

Remember the Black Knight when you flee to the couch because your toe hurts or the doctor just prescribed you some drug you don’t really need to handle some minor discomfort.
Remember the Black Knight when you bail out of one of my training sessions to go smoke pot and get suspended from school.
Remember the Black Knight when you cry to me you want to be the best on the Soccer field this season and bail after two rounds of GPP because you were out partying the night before.
Remember the Black Knight when you stick that needle in your butt in an effort to fix an imbalance that could be fixed through sweat and dedication.
Remember I am Renegade, I am not in it for the money. I am not in it to waste my time.
I am in it to “improve the quality of your life.”

2 comments:

bigbadbernie said...

JJ your my hero bro. I wanna be just like you when I grow up. I'm not sure but what does this mean ?? - "Remember the Black Knight when you stick that needle in your butt in an effort to fix an imbalance that could be fixed through sweat and dedication."

Anyway watch our for those wine drinkers, they're a tricky bunch !

jjcrewguy-renegadetraining said...

Ah Bigbadbernie,
You know what I mean, you go to the same gym as me buddy.
As for those Wine drinkers, you know she was looking at me. She just bought you a drink to get to me.